Monday, September 24, 2012

Sunday

Today we picked up a car at Hertz and headed out to Mt. Rainier.  After a few wrong turns, we got on the road going the right way.  We entered Mt Rainier from the southern pass.  I had intended going all the way through the park and exiting the northern exit, but because of road construction, we were only allowed to go halfway and the exit the same way we came in, so it was a good thing I chose the southern entrance.


 The biggest tree I think we saw in the park.

 Here is a log carved to make a bridge with a rushing torrent of water under it.
And it's sitting on some loose rocks.
 An old gas station in Longmire
 This is looking straight down from the bridge of the waterfall below.




 Can you see the little rock bridge above.  that was the way I had to come to get down to the bottom of the falls.
 I parked all the way at the top where you can see people looking over the edge.

 A black bear seen in the valley.
 Seattle waterfront.
 Century Field and Safeco Field.

Ferry to one of the islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment