Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday

Today was the trip to the Boeing Plant, the Hiram M. Chittenden locks, and Kerry Park with the best view of the city.  I had a choice at Hertz between a Chevy Impala or a 2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0  guess which one I took?
 Boeing Plant assembly building.  I got to see the 747-800, 777 and 787 DreamLiner assembly lines.
One of only four 747 DreamLifters, two of which were here.  They were built for the sole purpose of bringing in the pre-assembled composite parts of the 787 DreamLiner.  The pieces have all of the components installed and one 787 takes only 3 days to build.
 This takes me back to the days my father worked for Eastern airlines and the workhorse of the fleet was the Boeing 707 (background) and the 727 (foreground).
 This is the interior of the Boeing Business Jet of a Boeing 737.  I cannot imagine how much it would cost to fly on this plane.
 My Ford Mustang GT 5.0 for a day.
 Hiram M. Chittenden locks connecting Union Lake to Pudget Sound.
 The Argosy Tour boat of the locks.
 Notice the dogs paw on the edge of the boat.
 Also at the locks is a fish ladder where you can few the salmon crossing into Lake Union.


 The locks had a very nice park.
 The best kept secret in Seattle is Kerry Park located on Queen Anne Hill.



No comments:

Post a Comment